This page will give you a basic idea of when it is legal to hunt in the state of Kansas, as well as when we try to schedule most of our hunts. If you have any questions, or you would like to book a hunt for a particular date, please call us. The Kansas Department of wildlife and parks website is the best place to find information about the Kansas hunting calendar. Click here to visit their website
SPRING TURKEY SEASON
- Regular (firearm/archery): April – May
- Archery-Only : April
- Youth/Disabled : April
- Shooting Hours: One-half hour before sunrise to sunset.
- Legal Equipment: long, recurve or compound bows and shotguns and muzzleloading shotguns 20 gauge or larger using shot sizes 2 through 9. Crossbows are legal during April 15 – May 31 season only.
- Limit: Any individual who has purchased a spring turkey permit is eligible for one second turkey game tag. Spring game tags are valid for Units 6 ONLY.
DEER SEASON DATES
- Youth and Disability: Early to Mid Sept. (Youth 16 and younger, who possess a valid deer permit, may hunt during this special deer season only while under the immediate supervision of an adult 18 or older. Any person who possesses a valid deer permit and has a permit to hunt from a vehicle pursuant to KAR 115-18-4 or a disability assistance permit issued pursuant to KAR 115-18-15 may also hunt during this season. All resident and nonresident permits are valid, and equipment restrictions designated on permits apply. Hunter orange is required.
- Archery: Mid Sept. – Dec. 31 (We hunt mainly the last part of October up to Thanksgiving)
- Regular Firearm: Opening day is the Wed. following Thanksgiving Day. We guide only the first 6 days of the season.
- Shooting Hours: One-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset.